Ame on Facebook

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Mothers

So, I know it isn't Mother's Day, but the truth is every day is important to a mother and to their children. This is not just school age children. I mean all children, as in all people on the Earth who at one time had a mother.

Every day I am met with yet another human being who either had no mother growing up or had a very poor one. This is often supplemented with a neglecting and/or absent father. It could also be they did or did not have an abusive step parent.

Take for example a man I dated. He was so badly neglected by his father that his step-mother felt it was not necessary to feed his children. He was away and she thought he'd never find out. After all it costs money to feed people. So, this child snuck into the garage of their home. He knew his best resource was in there .  . . the dog food she'd left for the dog. So hungry was this child that if he begged her for food she would lock him in a closet. So, instead he opted for the dog food. It wasn't all that bad he told me. It was just not tasty at all. At least his tummy didn't hurt so bad anymore.

I don't have a lot more to say on this at the moment. I'm just completely horrified by it. Sometimes horrible things sneak into my thoughts.


No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a bit funny, crazy, sometimes serious and usually wise. I'm very creative and artistic. However my greatest gift in life is common sense.